The Children’s Right2Food Campaign is a nationwide initiative to ensure every child in the UK can access and afford good food, and was shaped by the findings of the Children’s Future Food Inquiry. Led by Young Food Ambassadors from across the UK and coordinated by the Food Foundation, the campaign calls for government action to tackle children’s food insecurity and inequalities in childhood obesity, and puts forward its vision in the Children’s #Right2Food Charter. The Children’s Future Food Inquiry was launched in 2018 as the first attempt to speak directly and systematically to children, young people and those who live and work with them about children’s experience of food and how it affects their lives. The Inquiry was spearheaded by a cross-party parliamentary committee and led by partners in each of the devolved nations: Food Sense Wales, Children in Wales, Children in Scotland and Children in Northern Ireland.
The Children’s Right2Food Dashboard offer users a comprehensive picture of children’s food across England by bringing together data from multiple sources. It particularly focusses on dietary and health inequalities. It helps users visualise children’s consumption patterns, and their food environments that determine what children eat and have access to.
Meet our Ambassadors
Resources and publications
Children’s Right2Food Dashboard
NEW 2020 Children's Right2Food Charter
- A Year of Children's Food: progress review briefing
- Right2Food video
- Young Food Ambassadors on BBC R4 Food Programme
- Right2Food Podcast Series 1 Episode 1: Lockdown Life
- Right2Food Podcast Series 1 Episode 2: Evelyn Community
- Right2Food Podcast Series 1 Episode 3: Cook it!
- Children's Right2Food Charter
- Children's Right2Food illustration
- Right2Food Podcast Series 3 Episode 1: Our Kitchen on the Isle of Thanet
- Right2Food Podcast Series 3 Episode 2: Ital: Rasta food and friendship for Lambeth's poorest families
- Right2Food Podcast Series 3 Episode 1: Rice, peas and plantain
Covid-19: Lockdown diaries
- Listen to Fayeth talk about free school meals
- Listen to Tia talk about frozen food and benefit bums
- Listen to Shane talk about what food poverty looks like and his fears about life during the coronavirus pandemic
- Listen to Tia being interviewed by BBC Radio Lancashire about the stigma attached to food poverty
Children’s Right2Food Campaign film
Affordability of the UK’s Eatwell Guide