Plating Up Progress Part 1
Investor briefing on sustainability risks and opportunities for food retailers, caterers and restaurant chains.
Download the report here.
On the 5th September, Plating Up Progress will also hold a multi-stakeholder conference for investors, businesses and policy makers on accelerating change in the food industry. Keynote speakers include Henry Dimbleby, who is leading the UK government’s National Food Strategy, with input from both food business trailblazers and those providing industry benchmarks. Fill in the form below to register your interest for the event.
Plating Up Progress (a Food Climate Research Network (University of Oxford) and Food Foundation project) has released a new investor briefing, Plating Up Progress Part 1, which looks at the sustainability risks and opportunities that exist for food retailers, caterers and restaurants.
Plating Up Progress Part 2 will follow this September to assess risks and opportunities in the UK food retail and restaurant sectors, and how critical disclosure gaps can be filled.
Webinars to explore the first paper will take place on the 10th, 11th and 17th July.
Plating Up Progress Part 1 addresses key areas of interest for food industry investors.
- To “fix” food we need sustainable food production, food waste reductions and, crucially, dietary shifts.
- Food retailers, caterers and restaurant chains are uniquely placed to influence all three changes we need to see.
- System-wide risks exist if we fail to act urgently.
- Transitional risks and opportunities that concern these food sectors are:
- Shifts in consumer demand
- Increasing regulation around healthy and sustainable food
- Food supply and price volatility.
- Food businesses that are heavily dependent on revenue from unhealthy and environmentally damaging foods are most at risk.
Register for one of our webinars supporting the investor briefing:
Wednesday 10th July 2pm (BST)
Thursday 11th July 2pm (BST)
Wednesday 17th July 2pm (BST)