03 November 2021
#Act4Food #Act4Change at COP26
The Act4Food Act4Change team is attending the COP26 2021 summit in Glasgow with 7 delegates! We are here to ensure that food is part of the discussion and that solutions to improve our current food systems are included in member states’ NDCs.
We have released our position statement for COP26 to advocate for the inclusion of food systems within the UNFCCC negotiations. The position statement is intended for government officials, youth advocates, and NGOs working on the intersection between food and climate.
We have set up a few events in the blue and green zones to introduce our message. Our youth leaders will also participate in several UN events. You can find the programme in which they will participate down below.
Act4Food Act4Change events (UK time zone):
- Global Youth calls COP26 leaders to make food a focus. Friday, November 5th, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. Blue Zone event with WWF, Panda Hub, youth day
- Act4Food Act4Change: Calling all young people to be agents of change in food systems transformation. Sunday, November 7th, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. Science Theatre, Green Zone event
- Act4Food Act4Change: Calling all young people to be agents of change in food systems transformation. Tuesday, November 9th, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Recipes for Resilience venue, Salvation Army,1 Houldsworth Street, Glasgow, G3 8ED.
Events the team is participating in (UK time zone):
- Recipes for resiliency. Youngo Food at COP USDA, WWF. November 4th 9:00 - 10:30, Nourish Scotland
- The Future of Food Systems: Game-changing innovations for inclusive transformation FAO - WFF - IFAD. November 5th 9:00 - 10:30, IFAD Pavilion
- Global Conference on health and Climate change - panel session - solution spotlight - food systems and biodiversity WHO. November 6th 12:00 - 13:00, Caledonian University
- What does climate resilience mean in practice? Showcasing risk management actions across and within sectors FAO. November 8th 10:00 - 11:00, Hydro Pavilion
- Empowering communities and smallholder farmers for local action with global impacts Rare, IUCN. November 11th 12:00 - 13:00, Nature Pavilion
Food should be a key element in the climate change debate. Youth have a fundamental role to mobilize the political will. One important element for our policy advocacy capacity is to network with youth groups with similar interests. We need unity in the environmental movement to accomplish our objective on justice and climate friendly food systems. Act4Food Act4Change is committed to spreading the climate justice message on the food system debate.