We’re hiring – Press & PR Communications Manager
The Food Foundation – Press & PR Communications Manager
Fixed Term for 12 months (with potential to be made permanent)
£30,000 – £32,000 (dependent on experience)
Deadline to apply: July 2 2021
In a nutshell
A critical role in a very influential organisation working on food policy, providing cross- organisational leadership on public affairs and engagement with food and retail businesses, policy makers and parliamentarians.
Our vision is a sustainable food system which delivers health and wellbeing for all. The Food Foundation is a young, dynamic, impactful, and independent charity with a mission to change food policy and business practice to ensure everyone, across the UK, can afford and access a healthy diet supplied by a sustainable food system. We use surprising and inventive ideas to catalyse and deliver fundamental change in the food system by building and synthesising strong evidence, shaping powerful coalitions, harnessing citizens’ voices and driving progress with impactful communications. We continually identify new opportunities for action, and trial new levers for change. We are independent of all political parties and business, and we are not limited by a single issue or special interest. We work with others who believe there is a problem with the system and want to change it. We have a terrific and dedicated group of trustees and expert advisers who support our work.
Working with the Head of Communications to create and implement the communications and PR/Media/Social Strategies.
Supporting daily press operations including:
- Writing and issuing press releases and comments.
- Creating and curating our media lists on Vuelio.
- Drafting editorial and blog content as needed.
- Building relationships with journalists and developing a strong network of media contacts.
- Dealing with incoming requests from journalists.
- Monitoring and responding to shifting policy environments and media landscapes.
Reports and Food Foundation output:
- Seeking out new opportunities to promote our work.
- Supporting The Food Foundation’s report publication schedule by drafting, copy editing and proof-reading briefings and reports.
- Working closely with project leads to develop communication strategies for launches and events.
- Helping to develop and maintain a diverse network of stakeholders across local and national government, parliament, academia, the third sector and citizen groups.
- At least five year’s work experience in a press, PR and communications-related role.
- Excellent writing skills with a track record of articles, blogs and press releases.
- Experience in environment, food policy and sustainability press and public relations.
- Exceptional communication skills, (both written and verbal) for a range of audiences; the ability to draft excellent copy, accurately and to short deadlines.
- Experience in Parliamentary engagement, and political PR.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment with a clear focus on delivery.
- Strong team player and good at using own initiative.
- Interest or experience in working with young people.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft programs Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Good attention to detail and copywriting skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Vuelio or equivalent media database
- Knowledge or interest in food systems and the work of the Foundation in this space
- Knowledge of Agile or equivalent CRM software.
- Knowledge of website Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal or WordPress
Other Information & How to Apply:
The position is Fixed-Term for 12 months, Full time with the potential to be made a permanent role after 12 months.
Salary: £30,000 – £32,000 per annum (dependent on experience), 5% pension contribution.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Apply by 2nd July 2021 to email@example.com with “Communications Manager” in the subject line with a CV and 1 page Covering Letter explaining why you are suitable for the position or apply via Charity Jobs website.
Interviews are expected to take place from 6th July 2021.
Interviews will be conducted via zoom and short-listed candidates will be contacted directly to arrange suitable times.
For more information about The Food Foundation, please visit: www.foodfoundation.org.uk
All applicants will be required to pass an enhanced DBS check and have the right to work in the United Kingdom.