Here we’ll be tracking bi-weekly share price movements for key businesses in food retail, quick service restaurant, food service and casual dining sectors. Click through the slides to see each sector, and hover over the datelines to see key events from the period.
- Supermarkets’ share prices are, in the main, performing better that FTSE100.
- Marks & Spencer continue to struggle, despite non-food retail reopening in June.
- Demand for online food delivery sees Ocado’s share price remain strong.
- Mixed news for the hospitality sector as pubs & restaurants in England reopen in July alongside announcements of future closures for some chains and poor financial results across the sector. In the UK the Eat Out To Help Out scheme may have provided a short-term boost to the restaurant sector but the longer term effects remain to be seen.
- Quick service restaurants and takeaway companies continue to perform better than others in the Out Of Home sector.
View our COVID-19 tracker in full.